cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox taking up "other files" Disk Space on MacOS

Dropbox taking up "other files" Disk Space on MacOS

Sheqo
Helpful | Level 5

Hey, 

I have an issue with the Dropbox Smart Synch function on my MacBook Pro M1 2020.

Until recently everything worked just fine, I also have the "Smart-Synch-Update for Mac" Box checked in the settings. 

But now, when I synch a file or folder to "online only" it will do that and show, that the file has 0 Byte. But simultaneously my "other files" space in the MacOs Disk Space Tool increases so that I have about 250GB of "other files" on my system, that are no where to be found. Even if I search everything on my Mac there is no folder that is so big.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-27 um 20.08.32.png

 Can anyone help me?

13 Replies 13

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ben476, welcome to our Community! 

Can you share with me the app version that you have installed to the device? You can find that by hovering your mouse over the little Dropbox icon, next to your WiFi icon. 

Also, what do you see on your end? Any screenshots are welcome, so we can have a visual on this. 

Thanks!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LilyMuseic
Helpful | Level 6

I have Dropbox issues bigtime which go unresolved --- all seem to be because I use MacOs.  I have never found a solution through using this forum. Ever.  Found help from someone who used the same music notation program I use for one issue.  Otherwise, no.  Seems like Dropbox should not state that it is compatible with Apple products. Or, if it is truly compatible with Macs, then they should employ a Mac Dropbox person.  

dreamuser-dnco
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan, I am also having this problem. I have completed the tasks above and nothing changed. Also on MacOS.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @dreamuser-dnco, have you tried contacting the support team for further assistance on this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?