cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox upload speed less than 1 KB/s!!!

Dropbox upload speed less than 1 KB/s!!!

hndbxaccount
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am stuck with upload speeds of less than 1 KB/s with Dropbox (actually around 0.2KB/s). I'm on a 10 Mbps upload connection (10 Mbps = 1,250 KB/s) with all other uploads at or around 10 Mbps. Any idea why my Dropbox app could be uploading at less than 1/1000x my available bandwidth and any idea on how I can resolve this? At this rate, my files would take weeks to upload, and that is simply not practical.

I have checked the "Don't limit" option under the upload bandwidth section in my Dropbox app's preferences, and I've also tried resetting my internet connection by disconnecting/reconnecting my internet modem.

11 Replies 11

hndbxaccount
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

UPDATE: Apologies for the delay in providing this update.

This problem was never really resolved for me, but the way I got around it was excluding several folders from syncing that contained tens of thousands of small files. I read elsewhere that Dropbox tries to sync small files first, and that there is a fixed overhead per file, which causes the process of uploading tens of thousands of small files take much much longer than what the aggregate size of those files would have you assume. I used the "ignored files" feature here: https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/restore-delete/ignored-files

RWMOREY
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I too am having this issue which started yesterday.

I have done all the prescribed things -- rebooted my machine, rebooted my router, etc.

I have also found that uploading to the Dropbox website is very slow.

Need more support?