cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Excluding folders that contain picture files from being index to Photos

Excluding folders that contain picture files from being index to Photos

Brooknei
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi 

Is there a way of excluding a folder/folders from being indexed for picture files and then shown in Photos ?

In my case, Dropbox is showing numerous website image files that are stored in my Documents folder and mixing them in with my photos.... Not good ☹️

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Brooknei wrote:

Is there a way of excluding a folder/folders from being indexed for picture files and then shown in Photos ?

No. There was long ago, but Dropbox removed it along with most of the other photo-related features that we had at the time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Brooknei wrote:

No. There was long ago, but Dropbox removed it along with most of the other photo-related features that we had at the time.

Brooknei
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply ....  It's a shame that Dropbox doesn't take photo storage/sharing/organising seriously as there seems to be a gap especially in the Windows platform workspace.

Siska
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I would also really like to be able to select the folders that are included in the Photos area of Dropbox. I'm using Dropbox also for backups of my PC and have tons of icons and other more technical images in them. They don't need to be shown together with my "real" photographs. Thos are really only stored in "Pictures" and "Camera Uploads" folders, so it would be ideal if I could tell Dropbox to only show pictures in those folders and their subfolders.

Siska
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm using Dropbox for different purposes, saving pictures I take, keeping backups of my PC, storing work-related stuff etc.

All of these contain images of different kinds, like icons, work-related imagery, illustrations I used in publications or presentations, etc. and at the moment Dropbox just mixes all of those together in the Photos tab (while they are clearly not all photos).

I would really like to be able to select the folders in my Dropbox that actually contain the pictures that I want to be included in the Photos area. In my case that would only be a top-level folder called "Pictures" and my Camera Uploads one, so very easy to select.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Siska wrote:

I would really like to be able to select the folders in my Dropbox that actually contain the pictures that I want to be included in the Photos area.

That's not possible. The Photos page on the website (and the Photos tab on the mobile apps) simply shows all images located in your account. There's no way to customize what it does or doesn't show.

Need more support?