cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File Request Function

File Request needs a Dropbox account?

VJG21
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I created a File Request and sent the link to a test email that does not have Dropbox installed.  When I select the link it takes me to Dropbox and asks me to sign in or create an account.  My understanding is you do not have to be a Dropbox user to upload photos when responding to my File Request.  What am I missing here?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

VJG21
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Yes, that's the process I used.  Since submitting my post I went back and double-checked the link I used for the file request was correct.  when I did so it worked.  Not sure what the original glitch was but I am good to go now.  Thank you for responding to help out.

Vinnie

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

VJG21
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Here's a screenshot of the screen I get when ISunset (002).jpg select the File Request link.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @VJG21, how are you today? 

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, are these the steps you follow when creating your File Request? 

Also, have you tried accessing your link through an incognito tab on your browser, where you're not signed into your Dropbox account? If so, can you send me a screenshot of what you see there? 

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

VJG21
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan,

Yes, that's the process I used.  Since submitting my post I went back and double-checked the link I used for the file request was correct.  when I did so it worked.  Not sure what the original glitch was but I am good to go now.  Thank you for responding to help out.

Vinnie

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Amazing news @VJG21!

Keep an eye out, and if you need anything else, let us know.  Enjoy the rest of your week! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?