cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File uploading to all devices except PC...

File uploading to all devices except PC...

fatar760
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I can't make sense of why one of my files is not uploading to Dropbox on the Pc app. 

Here's the info: 

I uploaded a huge video file (3 GB) from my mac to Dropbox around 8pm yesterday. That file has uploaded to Dropbox.com, which I can access on mac, android phone and via my PC on the site. 

However, the file has not uploaded to the Dropbox app on my PC. Other files have uploaded there no problem, it's just this one file that hasn't - yet the app says that everything is synced. 

Can someone explain to me why I can't view this one file on the Dropbox app, but that I can access it everywhere else? 

Many thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fatar760
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has been solved. 

The original filename has ':' in the title. Windows doesn't like the colon and apparently refused to upload the file as a result. I've now renamed the file and the PC app has synced it straight away. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

fatar760
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This has been solved. 

The original filename has ':' in the title. Windows doesn't like the colon and apparently refused to upload the file as a result. I've now renamed the file and the PC app has synced it straight away. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Has it got any illegal characters in its name or directory @fatar760 ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

fatar760
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey Mark, 

Looks like we typed out messages at the same time! 

Yes, that was the issue and it's now solved. 

Thank you for your response! 

Need more support?