cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GDPR Compliance for Personal / Free Accounts

GDPR Compliance for Personal / Free Accounts

TomMacD89
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi,

I work with various charities in the UK who often use free Dropbox accounts to share files for boards of trustees, teams etc.

There is some confusion as to whether the GDPR compliance steps that Dropbox have made apply to these accounts or only to those on Dropbox Business.

Could this be clarified please?
71 Replies 71

siri1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

We have on one the side cloud services, that offer DPA, where I assume that European cloud services do, and I am already checking out the German market. On the other hand are we, who want to store personal information in the cloud, as far as I understand still obliged to encode our files. It isn't all that easy with responsibilty and cloud.

But, yes, we need a DPA, and yes, I would personally not set on it, that all companys outside GDPR territory have a full grasp of the subject when we ask in.

Thomas Riesler SFF
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I´d like to raise the question regarding the accessibility to DropBox' EU/EES servers for really small businesses, like one person. As I understand it DB has made it possible for 10-licens business to use this option. But...

When will professional one person/licens users be able to use DropBox in a legal way when conducting business within the EU/EES with regards to GDPR?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Thomas Riesler SFF New member | Level 2
    siri1 Helpful | Level 5
    claires Helpful | Level 5
    louisebeattie Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?