cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Help us get a better understanding of what this Community means to you by taking our quick survey over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

How can I get the new files I add to Dropbox to sync as online-only, instead of available offline?

Re: How can I get the new files I add to Dropbox to sync as online-only, instead of available off...

Scott63
Explorer | Level 3

Walter, here's what it looks like.

The folders normally have a cloud icon, which means online only (good).  As soon as I copy a file into them, they get the green check mark icon (bad), which means they're now local.

IMG_4150.JPG

Re: How can I get the new files I add to Dropbox to sync as online-only, instead of available off...

Megan
Dropboxer

Hey @Scott63,  can you please go into the folder and show us a screenshot of the folder's content before and after copying a file in there? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Scott63
Explorer | Level 3

Megan, we’re going in circles. I posted screen shots above.

The folders are kept online only (a cloud icon). But as soon as I copy a file into them, they STOP being online only (the green circle icon).

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Scott63, I just sent you an email in order for us to have a closer look into this.

Thanks a bunch! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Scott63 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?