cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I "receive" a transfer

How can I "receive" a transfer

u_kadru
Collaborator | Level 9

Hello,

can you help me understand how this received tab works in the Transfer? How do I receive a transfer?

Also, it says "Package up your transfer and send it over—then you can view it here." How do I do that?

I tried sending a transfer to my own email but it doesn't show up there.

u_kadru_0-1659698334175.png

3 Replies 3

Re: How can I "receive" a transfer

Rich
Super User II

@u_kadru wrote:

can you help me understand how this receive tab works in the Transfer? How do I receive a transfer?

Transfers are used for sending files to other people. If you want to receive files, you would use a File Request.

u_kadru
Collaborator | Level 9

I'm familiar with File requests. However, for someone who is subscribed only to Transfer I wanted to know more about this feature of receiving transfers.

Could it be that this is a new feature that hasn't been rolled out yet?

u_kadru
Collaborator | Level 9

I have just checked. The transfers will appear in the received tab only when a different account sends them to you via email directly from Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

u_kadru Collaborator | Level 9
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?