cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to stop all pictures from uploading from my phone

How to stop all pictures from uploading from my phone

donna4
New member | Level 2

I just installed Dropbox and connected with my phone (Android).  I only want to automatically upload pictures taken from now on.   When I turn on Camera Uploads, it automatically starts uploading all of the old pictures that are stored on my phone.

Please let me know if there is a way to do this without uploading all of the old pictures.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

behzod
Super User

Hi,

If you are using an Android OS your photos should be located at either:

1) Internal storage: DCIM--> Camera or

2) SD card: DCIM--> Camera

When you enable camera upload in Dropbox app, all photos inside that DCIM will be synced to your Dropbox account.

If you want to sync photos starting from today, then try to move all of your old photos to a new folder outside of that DCIM folder. That should solve your issue.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @donna4, thanks for posting us your question on our Community, I'd like to add a bit of detail below & we can take it from there!

You may keep in mind that the Camera Uploads feature reads your default DCIM (could also be named as Library, Photos &c.) folder, which is updated by other sub-sections (or locations) on your phone. 

As you’ve mentioned that you’re using an android device, you could move your older photos to your SD card as a workaround, (just as @behzod mentioned above), though my tip would be to check whether your DCIM folder reads from your SD card in the first place.  

Hopefully our tips point you towards the right direction, though please do let us know of the results here, in order to follow-up with you more closely. Thanks again for your detailed post & I hope you have a wonderful Monday ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

behzod
Super User

Hi,

If you are using an Android OS your photos should be located at either:

1) Internal storage: DCIM--> Camera or

2) SD card: DCIM--> Camera

When you enable camera upload in Dropbox app, all photos inside that DCIM will be synced to your Dropbox account.

If you want to sync photos starting from today, then try to move all of your old photos to a new folder outside of that DCIM folder. That should solve your issue.

Hope it helps.

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @donna4, thanks for posting us your question on our Community, I'd like to add a bit of detail below & we can take it from there!

You may keep in mind that the Camera Uploads feature reads your default DCIM (could also be named as Library, Photos &c.) folder, which is updated by other sub-sections (or locations) on your phone. 

As you’ve mentioned that you’re using an android device, you could move your older photos to your SD card as a workaround, (just as @behzod mentioned above), though my tip would be to check whether your DCIM folder reads from your SD card in the first place.  

Hopefully our tips point you towards the right direction, though please do let us know of the results here, in order to follow-up with you more closely. Thanks again for your detailed post & I hope you have a wonderful Monday ahead! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

donna4
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the response.  I will move the existing pictures to my card.

Jane
Dropboxer

Sure @donna4, feel free to keep us posted on how that works for you!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.] 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?