cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I did uninstall and reinstall and now I see the new Dropbox and Dropbox (old) and no storage ...

I did uninstall and reinstall and now I see the new Dropbox and Dropbox (old) and no storage space,

Quiksylver
Explorer | Level 3

I did a uninstall and a reinstall as some shared files were not going into Dropbox.  When I did the reinstall it looks like it is syncing absolutely everything on my computer.  I also have a file called Dropbox (old) which I thought would be removed.  In the new Dropbox file, I have folders but nothing is in them.    I don't know how to resolve this .  I cannot find the tabs that the instructions on the website are eluding to.  Please help.

19 Replies 19

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Quiksylver, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the app's exact status and version as shown in your menu bar/system tray?  

Where is the Dropbox folder located as per your Sync tab under the app's preferences

Also, do you any syncing icons in either of your Dropbox folders at the moment?

Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Quiksylver
Explorer | Level 3

Quiksylver_0-1670281141103.pngQuiksylver_1-1670281154895.pngQuiksylver_2-1670281208588.png

I hope this information is what you requested.  I have also included a copy of what was placed in the dropbox when I did the re-install.    I question the Epson 'stuff' as to the reason it is in Dropbox.  There are many more files (for the lack of a better word) that should never been placed in Dropbox. 

Thank you as I have located the information with the links that you have provided.

Quiksylver

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Did you enabled the Dropbox Backup feature at some point perhaps @Quiksylver?

What's your account's plan tab showing in regards to your quota at the moment?

Did you check your Dropbox folder's content for any syncing icons by the way?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Quiksylver
Explorer | Level 3

Walter,

When I go into the  plan tab is says Dropbox Basic (free).  That is not true as I paid for the subscription.  I did use the free one for a minute when it was first introduced.  There always is confusion as one is my personal name but the one that I need is under my business name.  I only use Dropbox for my tax business and related documents.

I sent a picture of the folders in this Dropbox.  All folders are empty and no syncing icons.

Quiksylver_1-1670349248889.png

I do not recollect doing a drop box  backup but it does say that it is 10% complete under the Sync and backup tab.  I tend to panic when things go 'offside'.

Sylvia

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Quiksylver, is it possible that you have another Dropbox account on which your files might be located?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Quiksylver
Explorer | Level 3

I believe that is the case but have no idea how to locate and rectify the situation.  When I go to my C:\users\s_ __\ there is a DropBox and a Dropbox (old).  The old still contains the files and the Dropbox (that is the one being reinstalled) holds empty folders.  I would like to delete the one that is currently being reinstalled but it is out of storage so it cannot complete the reinstall.

Gosh this is so confusing to this old girl.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

The old folder should belong to a different Dropbox account entirely. Do you have any other email addresses that could've been used to login to the Dropbox site with?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Quiksylver
Explorer | Level 3

Jay,

I have the following email addresses. 

[Removed as per Community Guidelines]

Dropbox was set up as a solution for my personal tax service business as I used a laptop and a desktop.  Worked wonderful.

Sylvia

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you try using those emails when trying to reset the password for the Dropbox account from this page?

If any of them have a Dropbox account associated with them, you should receive an email to reset the password. Once you've done so, you can login to see if the missing files are there.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?