cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to cancel the syncing process. Can you help?

I need to cancel the syncing process. Can you help?

Leonie J.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Want to STOP the SYNC - not just pause then resume. Regrettably I began to sync my iPhotos to Dropbox and I can't stop the process - it PAUSES it but does not eliminate the process. I have far too many photos and it takes up too much bandwidth. I bought 1TB - and don't want to put my iPhoto library into Dropbox. I am using a MAC. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leonie J.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Have solved the problem. Uninstall Dropbox from ALL devices/computers that you are currently using. Reinstall a new copy - seemed to have cleared it. Hope it works for you. Was very frustrating. Shame Dropbox FAQ doesn't have this on their site.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Shirley T.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Crikey! ME tooooo - please help someone!!! It tells me it's going to take 14 days remaining!!!!!

Leonie J.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Have solved the problem. Uninstall Dropbox from ALL devices/computers that you are currently using. Reinstall a new copy - seemed to have cleared it. Hope it works for you. Was very frustrating. Shame Dropbox FAQ doesn't have this on their site.

Tonia S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

If I uninstall does that mean I lose everything in the dropbox? I only want to stop synching on one folder.

Bill H.18
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue. I have changed my mind about loading all my movies to dropbox but on ly after noticing that it will take 22 days! How do I cancel this decision and stay STOP. If I uninstall will this mean I lose all my other material on dropbox?

Leonie J.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi as I stated I uninstalled DROPBOX and reinstalled. I lost no files. I am still amazed that this is a COMMON issue that we have raised and yet DROPBOX still provide no answer in their faq.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Leonie J.1 New member | Level 1
    Bill H.18 New member | Level 1
    Tonia S. New member | Level 1
    Shirley T.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?