cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel my subscription and get all my data back onto my MacBook

I want to cancel my subscription and get all my data back onto my MacBook

KendraE
New member | Level 2

I want to cancel my subscription and get all my data back onto my MacBook.  All data in my Downloads, Documents and Desktop go through Dropbox and I do NOT want to lose any of my data/files when my Dropbox is cancelled.  Example for Documents current path - Macintosh HD> Users>Kendra>Dropbox>Mac>Documents  and this is what I want - Macintosh HD>Users>Kendra>Documents WITHOUT losing any of my data.  Thanks Kendra -  [removed per Community Guidelines]

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @KendraE, and welcome to the Community. 

As a first step, can you please clarify what’s the current syncing status of your desktop app? You can locate this by hovering over the small Dropbox icon in your menu bar. 

Other than that, can you let me know what’s your current subscription? You can double check this here

Let me know when you’ve got more details!

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

KendraE
New member | Level 2

Hi Nancy -

Answer as to sync and backups - it is trying to backup but there is not enough room - my dropbox is FULL

My last payment of $119.88 was made on Oct 21, 2021 and I want to cancel Dropbox but I do NOT want to lose my files and folders as EVERYTHING is going to Dropbox.

It is now 12:31pm and I will be leaving about 1pm - Kendra

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @KendraE, sorry to jump in here.

If your last payment was made back in 2021, your subscription should already be cancelled and your account should be downgraded to the free version by now.

Even if your account is downgraded, though, all the files you had in Dropbox, will stay in the account; you'll just stop syncing, if your account is over quota.

As for your desktop files, you should be able to turn off the backup and switch them back to their original locations, by following the steps here.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    KendraE New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?