cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Online Files & Folders with Microsoft Explorer

Integrating Online Files & Folders with Microsoft Explorer

Jeaniest
Explorer | Level 3

Hello!

Noob question here

When I am making files and folders "online only" they disappear from my Explorer file structure.

I don't find the DropBox app helpful but is there no way to allow all files including those stored online to be visible within the regular explorer folder hierarchy?

Fingers crossed

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Jeaniest wrote:

When I am making files and folders "online only" they disappear from my Explorer file structure.

Marking a file or folder as Online-only shouldn't make it disappear from Explorer. If you're using Selective Sync and uncheck a folder, it WILL disappear. What exact steps are you taking when this happens?

Jeaniest
Explorer | Level 3

Hummmmm

I click dropbox -> make online only (within Explorer).

Challenge I am facing is that the files are still stored on my Hard Disk occupying space 😕

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to jump in, @Jeaniest, but do you mean that you're right clicking on a file in the Dropbox folder, then choosing "make online-only" and the file just disappears from the Dropbox folder completely?

That's pretty odd. What if you then search for this file in your file explorer? Does it come up?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Jeaniest Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?