cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is there a way to having a file back?

Is there a way to having a file back?

MeblIkea
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi, here is my problem:

I'm fan of a game called Jalopy, and long story short, the developer of this game and the publisher got a disagreement, and the publisher removed every access from the game dev to its own game.

[link removed]

Then, the game dev launched a new game a year after this (Landlord's Super), and now he is working on it's new game.

Now, I wanted to discover the past of this game, and I founded a lot of things through internet and while reading the dev logs.

But on the internet, on a couple of forums, I founded this link that the dev gave to people in order to test the demo of this game.

On this demo, there was a lot of cool features and old stuff that disseapear with the updated.

This game was released in 2016 (and I discovered it this year too), and the test version was in 2015, the game was called HAC.

You can still find image of this demo with GIFs that made the game dev.

And my problem is that the download link for this game is broken. (It doesn't says that it got delete, so weird)..

Here it is:

[link removed]

I would LOVE to play it and share it on the dev's discord, so if anyone is able to get this file back, it would be very cool. (also, the dev told me that he lost the file too)

Bye ^^.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MeblIkea wrote:
But did this error says that this file is deleted, or just broken or in private?

It doesn't matter. The link no longer works, either because the link to the file was removed or the file was deleted. In all cases, the only way to get access to the file is to contact the original owner and ask them to create a new link, or to find the file posted somewhere else online.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Unfortunately unless somebody has access to the file locally it isnt possible to get access to a file on a link which is now not working. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MeblIkea
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks for you answer.
But did this error says that this file is deleted, or just broken or in private?
Thanks!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@MeblIkea wrote:

It doesn't matter. The link no longer works, either because the link to the file was removed or the file was deleted. In all cases, the only way to get access to the file is to contact the original owner and ask them to create a new link, or to find the file posted somewhere else online.

MeblIkea
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
The problem is that the author most the file too 😕
Need more support?