cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Camera Upload does not work with iOS

Issues with Camera Upload

Pc2fire
New member | Level 2

I’ve been having issues with my Camera Upload feature in my IOS Dropbox App. Usually when I open the app on my iPhone X, Dropbox will start locating the photos that it hasn’t uploaded yet and start uploading them. Now, it just reads “Starting camera uploads….Looking for photos” but nothing ever happens. I’ve tried closing/re-opening the app, deleting the app/re-installing, updating my IOS, deleting other photo cloud apps (Google Photos), and even upgrading to Dropbox Plus. None of these attempts have help solve my problem. Does anyone have any advice?

45 Replies 45

JulianH3
Helpful | Level 6

In the camera upload menu I can only find the following settings:
Back up... -> All photos
Include videos -> On
Use cell data to back up -> off
Safe HEIC photos as -> jpg

In the iPhone settings background refresh was always active

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @JulianH3, sorry to jump in here, but could you try updating the app's version to our most recent one and re-enabling camera uploads if needed too?

Let us know if this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JulianH3
Helpful | Level 6

Hi @Walter, I updated to 242.3.2 but still the same issue. Still the only way to get it running for a moment is to log off from the app and log in again. But then I have to stay in the app. Otherwise it will stop again.

Bartus
Explorer | Level 4
I’m having the same problem. I tried all the work around a mentioned and none of them worked

DavidLaidlaw
New member | Level 2

I have this same problem.  It has been happening for a week or two.

I am nervous about deleting the app from the iPhone because it says all data will be removed.  I have offline files and two accounts linked with it, and would prefer not to set it all up again.  Since it didn't help the OP, it doesn't seem like an actual solution in any case.

Help!

ks16
Explorer | Level 4

I've been having the same problem for the past 10 days. It is always stuck on "Scanning your photo library...."

DavidLaidlaw
New member | Level 2

With some advice from dropbox support, I was able to get this to work again.  I had to disable camera uploads then re-enable them.  After that, everything was fine.

MrColJ
Helpful | Level 5

That worked for me too! About a week ago, with the newest version of the app, on the current iOS, my dropbox photos got stuck at "Running Camera Uploads.  Scanning your photo library."  Going to settings and hitting Turn off camera uploads (then I crashed it and reopened it just to be safe), then going back to settings and hitting Turn On Camera Uploads... fixed it.  I am now uploading/"backing up" the 300 photos I took over my vacation to Flagstaff!  Thanks DavidLaidlaw!

Cathy S.4
New member | Level 2

Same issue here, plenty of phone space on iPhone 11 Pro Max, I have the 2T Dropbox plan and plenty of space there.  No uploads since April 23, 2021 and screen shows "Running camera uploads, Scanning your photo library"...but nothing happens. Everything is up-to-date as far as updates and still stuck here.  Tried all the things that everyone else has. Need a fix ASAP!

Snigle
New member | Level 2

My wife and I have both recently started having this issue. It's a huge disappointment since we almost exclusively use Dropbox to automatically backup up photos on our iOS devices.

She has a iPhone XS, I have an 11 Pro. Both phones have tons of storage free.

When we uninstalled and reinstalled the Dropbox app, it worked on her phone for a bit.. but then stopped again and is once again stuck at "Scanning your photo library...".

I tried the uninstall/reinstall again and it no longer has helped for either of our devices. Hopefully there will be a fix soon as we will not renew our subscriptions until this feature is working again.

Need more support?