cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac sync not working, it's stuck for days now.

Mac sync not working, it's stuck for days now.

Matteolr
New member | Level 2

I use Dropbox Business on Mac Ventura 13.5.2

I went on holiday and when i returned 2 weeks ago my collegues made some changes in the folder structure of the files, so I began syncing. I had to restart the Dropbox App that was stucked at 311Gb of syncing and, when I did it, it reached 690Mb in few seconds, but stucked again, and now for good.

I tried to follow all the support pages for syncing issues, also the advanced ones with no success, so I also uninstalled the App, but with no results.

The folder situation online is stilll different from the one in my computer.

I started a chat on September 13th but they said that we have more than 300K files (we're a Company, remember?) and that my issue need advanced support, but no one called then.

I attach here tha screenshot of the drpodown of the app with the stucked situation, sometimes it says that the app has no right to access the files, but when I check it is not true.

Please help!!

MatteoScreenshot 2023-09-19 alle 10.48.40.png

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Matteolr, welcome to our Community! 

As a first step, could you confirm the version number of the Dropbox desktop application by hovering over the icon in the menu bar?

You also mentioned that you have more than 300K files in your Dropbox folder, which would be the app's soft limit. Do all these files sync locally, or is there a chance that you're using our selective sync feature?

Since you've already reached out to our Support about this, would you be able to send me the ticket number reference, in order for me to locate it on our system? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Matteolr
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

thank you for your message.

I confirm the App version 182.4.6427 (I just downloaded it from the website) and the ticket is the #22657841.

Maybe I solved the issue giving the rights to everyone to write and read a big folder where the issue was. It is still syncing, I will keep you informed if it will reach the end of the syncing or not.

Best.

Matteo

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Matteolr, thanks for the speedy response! 

I can confirm this is indeed the latest stable version of our app. Also, I located the ticket number, and it seems that the case was automatically closed due to inactivity. 

Payter, the agent working on your case responded back with some added steps, in order for you to sign out of the account however you never responded back. 

Hopefully everything works after your latest change. Keep an eye on it, and let us know.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SemGreen
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for help!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

SemGreen Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    Matteolr New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?