cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a dropbox-backup of folders that are allready stored in dropbox

Make a dropbox-backup of folders that are allready stored in dropbox

WIMVG
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

i wonder if it is possible to make a dropbox backup of folders which are allready stored in dropbox and synced (and also made available offline on my pc in the dropbox folder)

Does it make any sense to make a backup as such or does it not create an extra safety layer?

thanks

Wim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@WIMVG wrote:

i wonder if it is possible to make a dropbox backup of folders which are allready stored in dropbox and synced ...

Hi @WIMVG,

In Dropbox there is no way to make a backup for something that resides outside Dropbox folder. What does actually mean the Dropbox Backup feature? Secure move of selected user folder(s) into Dropbox folder (or rather a subfolder there). That's it, no much more. Otherwise Dropbox application wouldn't be able access the content.

@WIMVG wrote:

Does it make any sense to make a backup as such or does it not create an extra safety layer?

😀🙂 How do you think? In context of the above clarification, would it be any extra layer of safety? 😉 It's there already.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@WIMVG wrote:

i wonder if it is possible to make a dropbox backup of folders which are allready stored in dropbox and synced ...

Hi @WIMVG,

In Dropbox there is no way to make a backup for something that resides outside Dropbox folder. What does actually mean the Dropbox Backup feature? Secure move of selected user folder(s) into Dropbox folder (or rather a subfolder there). That's it, no much more. Otherwise Dropbox application wouldn't be able access the content.

@WIMVG wrote:

😀🙂 How do you think? In context of the above clarification, would it be any extra layer of safety? 😉 It's there already.

Good luck.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?