cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Only you" can view

My folder in the team account shows "only you", can I share this folder?

GS321
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I have a business account that is shared with my team. Every folder shows members being "XZY firm" - our company. However, my folder shows "only you." There's no option that I can see to share this folder or make it visible to others. Can you help me fix this? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @GS321, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Is it safe to assume that you're referring to your personal member folder with your name?

The personal member folder is unshared for all team members by default and I'm afraid it's not possible to share this folder.

However, you can share any of the sub folders within it as normal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @GS321, thanks for reaching out to us here!

Is it safe to assume that you're referring to your personal member folder with your name?

The personal member folder is unshared for all team members by default and I'm afraid it's not possible to share this folder.

However, you can share any of the sub folders within it as normal.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

GS321
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Yes, correct. I'm referring to my personal member folder. 

Other team members have their personal member folders shared or at least visible to everyone. So I'm assuming there is way to change this even if unshared is the default. Is this something the admin needs to do? If so, how he can go about changing this for me? I just need to give him the instructions. 

Thank you!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @GS321!

Since it's not possible to share the personal member folder itself, it's most likely that they created a new folder in the team's workspace and shared it with everyone.

If the admin has allowed it through the team settings, you can create a new folder in the correct location and share that with the rest of the team.

Keep me posted with any other questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?