cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online & computer not synced, can't get links without uploading files

No Way to Check Syncing Status

Steven Cee
Helpful | Level 7

I don't have any syncing occurring, beyond any individual files I upload.  When I have Dropbox open on my Mac, and put my pointer over the icon, it says:  "Dropbox: Use Dropbox specific features."

But when I click on the icon, it then says:  "No options available"   Huh?????

What is (not) going on??   This obviously isn't working worth a darn, not syncing when I put files in my Dropbox folder on my computer, while online, there are way more files showing than are in my desktop folder, which shouldn't be happening. Can this be fixed so it once again works as it should?

2 Replies 2

Steven Cee
Helpful | Level 7

It appears that Dropbox is no longer working as it should, and as it used to, in the past. I can no longer simply put files in my Public folder, on my Mac, and then create a link I can then send someone, so they can access the file!  Also, when I come online, the layout & actual files there, do not match what it is my Dropbox folder on my computer!  What is going on? This isn't how it's supposed to work, right?

And why, when I tried to post, it tells me "the following labels are not available here: Sync & upload"   After I'd chosen them from the labels listed below, why tell me they aren't available? Why are they listed, if they aren't available?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Steven Cee, I'm here to help! 

Have you tried uninstalling, then re-installing the app, by any chance? 

Also, could you send me a few screenshots, of what you see when you hover your mouse over your Dropbox icon?

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?