cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Storage for Company Managed Groups

Out of Storage for Company Managed Groups

ions
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Dropbox community,

My uncle purchased a group package for Dropbox and gave my father and I access.  I am able to upload files to the folder but my father is not able to upload files to the same folder.  We both have the advertisement to buy 2 TB of storage.

I uninstalled Dropbox desktop on my father's computer and my uncle provided a new link but the problem persists.  Why am I able to upload to the shared folder but my father is not able to?

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ions
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Discovered the answer to delete a shared folder: https://help.dropbox.com/delete-restore/delete-files

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ions wrote:

My uncle purchased a group package for Dropbox and gave my father and I access.  I am able to upload files to the folder but my father is not able to upload files to the same folder.  We both have the advertisement to buy 2 TB of storage.

If you're referring to a Business team or Family plan, then you would need to be invited to join the team or family, at which point your account would be merged into your uncle's plan.

Instead, it sounds like he just invited you to a shared folder. When you're a member of a shared folder you need to have enough available space in your own account to hold the entire folder, along with anything you want to upload to it. You don't get to take advantage of any space that the folder owner may have access to. The folder exists in your account, so you need space to hold it.

ions
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for your detailed response.  Is it possible to delete the folder in question in the browser based version?   Can the admin only do this?  Perhaps my father's folder needs to be deleted and rejoined.

ions
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Discovered the answer to delete a shared folder: https://help.dropbox.com/delete-restore/delete-files

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ions Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?