cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please tell me how to solve a a share problem. I sent the link to photos.

Please tell me how to solve a a share problem. I sent the link to photos.

Hphnm
Helpful | Level 5

I have a 2 TB account. A message my daughter saw states that the file is too big. This is my first attempt at sharing. No one in my family has succeeded in seeing the photos. One said a paid account is needed. None of these messages are seen by me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hphnm
Helpful | Level 5
I used a shared link. Evidently it didn't work. Then she obtained the free account. She then encountered the problem you described although I never shared the folder. To overcome the problem, she downloaded and then uploaded the photos to her account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

You have a 2TB account. Others you're sharing with do not. In order for someone to be able to accept a shared folder, they need enough available space in their account to hold that folder. If you share a 5GB folder with someone that only has a 2GB account, they will not be able to access the folder.

behzod
Super User

Hi,

The easiest way is to send her shared link to your folder (instead of adding her as one of the collaborators). Anyone who has your shared link should be able to download your folder (even if they do not have Dropbox account).

In order to get a link for your folder (on your computer):

1) Select folder

2) Right click and select: "Copy Dropbox link"

3) Send this copied link.

Hphnm
Helpful | Level 5
I used a shared link. Evidently it didn't work. Then she obtained the free account. She then encountered the problem you described although I never shared the folder. To overcome the problem, she downloaded and then uploaded the photos to her account.
Need more support?