cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on shared dropbox

Query on shared dropbox

JoyMorozov
New member | Level 2

Good afternoon,

I have been asked to save files in the Dropbox of my friend.

I have now run out of space.

Do I need to upgrade or is it my friend who has to upgrade on my behalf. I am unclear about how this works. Kindly advise.

Also, what is the difference between a professional and a basic upgrade package? I see that there is a big jump in subscription prices.

Looking forward to receiving your advice.

Many thanks

Joy 

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@JoyMorozov wrote:

I have been asked to save files in the Dropbox of my friend. I have now run out of space. Do I need to upgrade or is it my friend who has to upgrade on my behalf.

If you have run out of space, then you need to upgrade. You're not saving files to your friend's account. You're saving them to a folder in your account that is shared with your friend. You both need to have enough space in your accounts to hold the full content of the folder.

Also, what is the difference between a professional and a basic upgrade package?

A Basic account is free and starts with 2GB of space, though you can earn more through referrals and other programs. The lowest paid plan is Plus which provides 2TB of space. The Professional plan provides 3TB of space and access to some of the features found on the Business-level accounts. You can see a comparison of all the plans on the Plans page.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry for jumping in here, @JoyMorozov

If the files you wish to upload to your friend's Dropbox account are 2GB or less, you can perhaps ask them to open a file request for you. 

This way, you can upload your files to their Dropbox account without affecting your own quota. Please click here for more details.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?