cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to make sure we keep you updated on the ideas that other users have shared here on the Community? Us too! Check them out over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

Re: Right click no longer works

Right click no longer works

Allan D.6
New member | Level 1

Suddenly on the dropbox website right click has stopped functioning correctly. I used to be able to right click on a single file and get the link. Luckily my friend told me "You shared your whole public folder, not the file I needed." because I had sent what I thought was the single file to multiple people. This is a serious privacy issue, and I'm wondering how I can fix this? 

6 Replies 6

Allan D.6
New member | Level 1

Also, now it seems that regardless if I rename my public file or not, those people now have permanent access to whatever is in that file. I can't change that option, and this is extremely frustrating. 

Marcus O.
New member | Level 2

To inspect your active shared links, please visit here:

https://www.dropbox.com/links

You may also disable links through the above portal.

Rich
Super User II

Anything in your Public folder (if you have one) is, well, public. That's the idea behind it. If you don't want the files in there to be available to other people then you should move them out of the Public folder. To link to one specific file use the Share Link feature that Marcus mentioned. You can do that for most any file or folder in your Dropbox. They don't need to be in Public.

Taren F.
New member | Level 1

I can no longer right click on a folder get get the delete option?  Did something change here is all I see...No longer a delete option aval.... And cant post a pic here to show you... What is happening to Dropbox?

Rich
Super User II

Did something change here

Nothing has changed.

If you're not seeing that option, click the row first to highlight it, then right-click.

Pierre P.4
New member | Level 1

II just worked it out- you must be signed in, to make it work!

Need more support?