cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Scan Document feature freezes on "Waiting to Upload"

Scan Document feature freezes on "Waiting to Upload"

birdenvy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Howdy all,

I keep getting a glitch when attempting to create a document through the Dropbox "Scan Document" feature. I can scan the document, make adjustments, etc, but once I hit "Save" it gets stuck with the message 'Waiting to Upload".

I've been working on this for about an hour, attempted about a dozen scans. Sometimes the blue progress bar appears, moves to the right, then goes back to the message "Wating to Upload". Sometimes it will cycle through this a few times, sometimes it just stays on the "Waiting to Upload" mesage.

It also gets stuck if I hit the "Save as Scan" button on a photo from the Camera Uploads folder.

I'm only using 12.9% of a 2 TB account, and Dropbox is updated to the newest version. I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.5. I have about 180GB avialble space on my iPhone. I can upload documents to Dropbox from other apps on my iPhone, they sync just fine. Camera Uploads is turned On, and syncing photos and videos just fine.

I've tried the following:

• tried to save one page scans, 5 page scans, custom names, default name, small and large file size settings
  • waited for 20+minutes on upload
  • tried to save to different folders
  • turned wi-fi off and on again on phone
  • restarted Dropbox, restarted the phone

Any solutions out there?

34 Replies 34

WSMStore
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ross,
  I am having the same issue.  Is the solution still a server issue?  I have tried chatting with the help center.  That was no help at all.  So here I am.  
  I have done all of the items listed in the OP as those were the solutions according to DB those did not help at all.
  I do not have a work around for this issue and need a solution as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your time!

gershonj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The issue is playing up again -- Doc Scanner in the Dropbox iOS App does not work as usual: uploading of scanned documents is very slow; before it took a couple of seconds, now about 3-4 minutes per document (on any type of network: Wifi, 4G). Text recognition (OCR) is _not_ working anymore. Normally documents scanned to PDF appear in my Dropbox folder with text recognized. Since a couple of days this doesn't work anymore.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that @gershonj  - could you please clear the mobile app's cache and check for pending updates on your mobile device's OS? I'd suggest that you also took a look at your app store to see if there's an update for our app in this case.

Spoiler

On iOS:
To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”

Please note: If you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

On Android:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings"
- Select “Clear Cache”

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

Let me know of any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mr8675309
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the exact same problem that the OP has. Your server-side fix has not fixed my issue.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @mr8675309  - can you let me know if you've already cleared your cache as per my previous message and if you could by any chance try this over another network (or cellular data if possible)? 

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?