cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync individual folders/files to computer

Sync individual folders/files to computer

hairofthedog
Explorer | Level 3

How about if you could search for a file in the dropbox app, and if you rightclicked it there was a sync offline alternative?

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

You can already do this: https://help.dropbox.com/sync/access-files-offline

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hairofthedog
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, but for that to work it seems I first have to everything everything once before choosing what to keep offline.

Mark
Super User II

@hairofthedog wrote:

How about if you could search for a file in the dropbox app, and if you rightclicked it there was a sync offline alternative?

You can set offline only to be default within the Preferences menu.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hairofthedog
Explorer | Level 3

I don't have the hard drive space to use offline as default.

Rich
Super User II

@hairofthedog wrote:

I don't have the hard drive space to use offline as default.

Then you should be able to start with Dropbox syncing your files as Online-only (all files shown on your computer but not taking any space), and you would right-click a file you wanted offline and select Available offline. Dropbox would then sync that file so it's stored locally and available offline.

hairofthedog
Explorer | Level 3
It works sometimes, but one of my devices doesnt show half of my Dropbox. I'm gonna try and make it show everything online too. Thx.

Rich
Super User II

@hairofthedog wrote:
... one of my devices doesnt show half of my Dropbox.

Make sure you haven't unchecked any folders in your Selective Sync settings.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    hairofthedog Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?