cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync stopped after I exceeded storage, won't re-start

Sync stopped after I exceeded storage, won't re-start

User 1556073
Explorer | Level 4

I started getting messages that I had exceeded the free 2GB storage on my Account.  As a result, sync with my desktop folder stopped happening.  Today I went into my Dropbox account and cleaned out old, unnecessary files and folders and I am now below 1GB of storage.  But sync has not restarted.  Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way to get sync to restart?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

constructeet
New member | Level 2

I'm also having this trouble. I have gotten down to well below the 2GB and since uploaded a few files to a shared folder. I cna see the files on my end, but the owner of the folder cannot. How do we correct this?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @User 1556073 and @constructeet!

Did you restart the Dropbox app/your devices after deleting those files from your accounts?

If you did, and you don't have more than 3 devices currently linked to your Dropbox account, please also try to unlink-relink your Dropbox apps.

Let me know if that seems to work.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

User 1556073
Explorer | Level 4

I don't know that I am using any dropbox app.  I have the synced folder on my computer and beyond that I mostly work directly in the web interface.  In any case I did not turn on or off any apps (might it be running as a background process?), nor did I delete the folder (can't recall if I re-booted my computer but will try that soon and report back). 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @User 1556073, you mentioned your Dropbox folder, therefore it seems like you're using the app. 

Just make sure you don't delete your folder, cause that would result in your content being removed from the account as well. 

The best thing you can do for now is sign out of the app, and then back in. Let us know if this works out for you! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

User 1556073
Explorer | Level 4

After some time, it seems like the sync started working without my logging out of and back into the Dropbox app.  In any case, the sync is now working.  It's possible I did something to log out of the app, but for others with this problem, it may also just be a matter of time before it starts working again.  For me it took about a day.

So I don't know for sure what the solution is, either closing/signing out of the app and reopening OR just giving it time.

Thanks in any case!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @User 1556073, I'm glad everything is back on track! 

Have a lovely weekend ahead,enjoy! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    User 1556073 Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?