cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Check marks now white

Syncing icons on the files in the Dropbox folder have changed

johnrinek
Helpful | Level 6

Hello
The Finder Extension Icons indicating whether a file or folder is Online Only or Available Offline are showing up in my Finder, however, the statuses are incorrect. For instance a folder that contains files that are both Online Only files and Available Offline files is showing a cloud icon, when it should be showing a white circle with a green checkmark and green outline. I think the Finder Extension is confused. Is there a way to reset the Finder Extension so the icons show correctly without changing the Online Only or Available Offline settings that I have for my files/folders? I do not want to change the statuses of my files/folders, I just want the icons to indicate the statuses correctly. Thank you.
Mac 10.14.6
Dropbox 152.4.4880

163 Replies 163

Joseph R.15
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I'm having the same issue here. A large amount of files stored locally are now all showing a green check mark in a white circle. I have a Macbook, an iMac and a Windows machine, fully up to date. I can't figure out any scheme that would explain the icons I'm seeing. There are folders with no icon, folders with a white check mark in a green circle, and folders and files with both white check marks in green circles and green check marks in green circles, yet everything is stored locally. So only the white check marks in green circles correspond to the icon descriptions on the Dropbox website. I'm fully sync'ed. Confusing.

RobT43
Explorer | Level 4

I've been using Dropbox for years on the Mac.  Currently using Dropbox v 153.4.3932 on macOS Monterey 12.5.  Two days ago most (80%) of folders and files switched from a green circle with a white check to a white circle with green check.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern regarding why some are still green and some are now white.  Any way to make the badges consistent?  All of the files are still local and on online, so that doesn't seem to be the factor.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @RobT43, thanks for posting here!

Can you send me a couple of screenshots, demonstrating what you described above? That'll help me with the visual.

Also, have you made any changes to the folders or files lately? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RobT43
Explorer | Level 4

Here is a screenshot.  I haven't changed anything.Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 4.40.19 PM.png

jackprest
Explorer | Level 4

Joseph R.15
Helpful | Level 6

That just links to this thread. Did they get merged?

William F.5
Helpful | Level 6

Mine looks almost exactly the same (just the PC version instead of Mac). I guess this is minor in the grand scheme of things, but this seems like such an annoying change that accomplishes absolutely nothing. I just want locally available synced files and folders all to look the same, so I don't do a double-take every time I open my files.Untitled.png

me-db
Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem on a brand new Mac Mini M1.  I thought I did something during the transfer.  In addition to having nearly all white icons, the icons on the old iMac don't quite match.  That one may have a few more green icons. Most icons don't show until I open a folder.

cindy t.3
Collaborator | Level 9

I have this exact same issue. Any folder that has even just one file saved online only is now showing up with the offline cloud icon. This is REALLY problematic, since I use multiple layers in my filing system. 

As others have noted, the green/white dots with the check also seem to have become a complete mess. I think in my entire 1.5 TB of files I have exactly 4 solid green dots, three of which are on top level files and one of which is on a file folder with just one file. So those have become completely useless as well. But the things showing up with a cloud when only some files in the folder are on-line only are the biggest problem.

It does the exact same thing on both my windows desktop and my surface 7. It just started in the last week or so. I'm on Windows 10 on both computers - there has been a recent Windows update, not sure if the Dropbox issue came before or after. But definitely not happy with how Dropbox is behaving.

Dropbox icon problem.jpg

ABW31
Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Kindly I would like to know why the green checkmarks of some of my folders is replaced with a white checkmark with only a green (✔) inside.

And does it mean that my folders are not synced?

And how can I make them back to green? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Need more support?