cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing issue on macOS 10.15 Catalina

Syncing issue on macOS 10.15 Catalina

care4rei
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a trouble of dropbox syncing on macOS 10.15 Catalina.When I restart my macbook pro, dropbox starts syncing all the time and it shows all my files in dropbox is syncing.The syncing may take a long long time,and when I restart my MBP,it starts over again and again and again.This problem starts with the beta version of macOS 10.15 to the stable version released 2 days ago.I have tried to pause the syncing or reinstall the dropbox application,but the problem never resolved.Please HELP!Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @J-Sync, thanks for staying in touch here! 

As a follow-up step, I’d recommend unlinking & relinking your account on your Mac once, since it recreates the local database. Can you let me know if you’ve already done that? 

You could also check out the steps below. Please note that it is very important to follow these steps specifically as failure to do so may result in other issues:

#1. Make sure the Dropbox desktop application is running & click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar. → Then click next to your profile picture in the Notifications panel. 
#2. Select 'Preferences' & then navigate on the 'Account' tab.
#3. Hold down the 'Option/Alt' key. 
#4. Click on the 'Fix Permissions' button (make sure you're still holding down the 'Option/Alt' key. 
#5. You may be prompted for your a username and password, this is your computer login credentials, not your Dropbox account ones. 

Once you get a chance to have a look at my pointers, please keep me updated on the results!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

27 Replies 27

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @care4rei

Thanks for raising this thread. Welcome to Dropbox Community!

Please let me know if you reinstalled after your OS went stable and also the amount of files you are syncing and your Internet speed. 

You can try a speed test. http://www.speedtest.net

Also try speeding it up taking the steps offered here: https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/faster-synchigh voltage

Thank you!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

care4rei
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My network bandwidth is 300Mbps.All the applications over intenet work fine except dropbox.And the dropbox on the other PC runs Windows 10 on the same nework works fine too.The problem starts with the macOS 10.15 Catalina.Dropbox works fine in my MBP on macOS 10.14 and before.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I will be glad to investigate this further. Syncing difficulties can occur on all Operating systems and versions. It will be very helpful for us to take a look into device details, so I can send you an email to do this if you wish. 

However, I would like to go through the basic troubleshooting steps here before we do that. Bear with me, I have a few more things to confirm with you. :smile_cat:

• Please confirm your application bandwidth settings.
  • Please confirm the size of the files you are syncing. 
  • Is this the first sync for this device?
  • Let me know if by any chance you have created symlinks to your Dropbox files to sync them with another app. 

Please feel free to ask questions if you need guidance to confirm the above. 

Thanks for the additional info.

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Zbig
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Exactly the same here! 

After all night of syncing ca. 160 000 files it started syncing them again when I restarted my MacBook Air.

Polish version of Dropbox.

OBOFR
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I confirm it too, since the Catalina upgrade I have the same issue

care4rei
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I just resolved the problem by reinstall macos catalina.I'm disappointed with the official Dropbox support,many people here have the same problem,but they didn't offer any helpful solution.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone @OBOFR @Zbig!

Syncing is a process that can fail due to various reasons.  It would be great to provide  more details so that I can identify the cause of the issue and understand if you are all facing the same.

If the issue described is the same for all, we can offer one solution, but if not I will be happy to troubleshoot with all of you. Please get back to me with additional information.

woman detective

Thank you!

P.S. @care4rei thanks for letting us know how you solved this and your feedback.folded hands 

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Zbig
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

After the latest system update everything works fine - without any action from my side.

Fiona
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

So glad to hear that @Zbig:grinning:

For those that don't know how to find our latest stable version. Here is a link: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/bd-p/101003016

Cheers!

Fiona
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?