cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you know more about files sizes, you can make more informed decisions about which files you upload and then you can maximize the space in your Dropbox Basic account?

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mobile app is uploading slow

The mobile app is uploading slow

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I wonder if someone could help. I took a lot of pics on my Samsung android and then created folders for them in the Dropbox app on the tablet. I then went into the pics and shared them and uploaded into the relevant folders on Dropbox. It has been a day now and when i look at the pics in dropbox it shows them and waiting to upload? I checked again today and it still states the same, non of the photos have moved into the Dropbox app but still waiting? Does anyone know why i have this problem and can help.

Please bear in mind you are speaking to a dummy and not so very technically minded.

Thanks

Lorraine

4 Replies 4

Re: So slow

Vicker
Super User

Hi, @lorrgerr41 ,

There are 2 possible things that you may check.

- Your phone got WiFi connection or not?

If not, you may try to connect it to a trustable WiFi first. Note that inside the Dropbox app settings, it may be switched to upload ONLY when connected to WiFi that protects you from unnecessary mobile data usages.

- Your phone got enough battery or not?

If the battery is running low, the Dropbox app won't upload photos in order to preserve your battery life.

Hope these helps.

Cheers

Vicker

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Vicker I am using a tablet not a phone. The wifi is always on on this tablet and i the battery is 3/4 full. 

I have just looked again in dropbox it shows the all the pics and states waiting to update, it has been saying this for 3 days now

Nancy
Dropboxer

Hey Lorraine, thanks for the info you’ve sent; it’s really helpful. 

Do you know what’s the approximate size of the files that are being uploaded at the same time? 

If you try to switch to cellular data or another WiFi network, as a test, do you see any difference perhaps?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy

They are photos that i took on my tablet, then wanted to store them in Dropbox. I use the wi fi indoors all the time for my phone laptop etc, It does not seem so slow on the laptop. I have uninstalled dropbox from my tablet as i cannot see the point of using this application as it is so painfully slow.

Thanks

Lorrane

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lorrgerr41 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropboxer
    Vicker Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?