cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transfer of pictures into dropbox from google photos

Transfer of pictures into dropbox from google photos

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

I have been using Dropbox for a while now to create folders and then transfer my pics into them from Google photos. When i create the folder in dropbox i have always taken the option to upload files and it would them show photo as an option to take so i could select and upload. I tried this today and it will no longer let me access google only the files that are on my laptop? Can anyone help, i have not changed any settings or anything? Please bear in mind when replying to use Dummy mode

Many thanks

4 Replies 4

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @lorrgerr41, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Would you mind giving me a bit more info as to how you are uploading the photos?

Is it from your phone, or your computer?

If you can send me a screenshot with the options you see now, when trying to upload files, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah

I am use Acer Chromebook laptop, i have attached a pic of what i see when on dropbox and try to upload my pics from Google photos.

On the left hand side i always got the google option and could go in and picked the photos i wanted to upload to my dropbox folder, it has changed all of a sudden and i cannot get to them

Thanks Lorraine

Screenshot 2021-11-15 16.45.17.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the screenshot, Lorraine, I appreciate it!

The thing is that this is a window generated by your operating system, which allows you to browse and select files to upload to other sites or apps.

What do you see, if you click on 'Google Drive'? Does the 'Google Photos' option appear there, perhaps?

If not, since you don't have an issue finding Dropbox, but it's Google Photos that's missing from those options, I think it'd be best to look into this with Google, who have also created your operating system.

They should be able to help you figure out why that option is missing and how to add it back.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

lorrgerr41
Explorer | Level 3

Okay thanks

Need more support?