cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Help us get a better understanding of what this Community means to you by taking our quick survey over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi all, thanks for your reports and sorry to hear some of you are still having troubles with this.

If you've already tried updating your browsers, a different browser or an incognito window and clearing your browser's cache and this persists for you, please let us know here so we can reach out via email to investigate further.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

huyness
Collaborator | Level 9

what do you mean "please let us know here"? what do you think the past 21 pages have been for?

Chris_J
Super User

huyness

specifically, Walter said 

If you've already tried updating your browsers, a different browser or an incognito window and clearing your browser's cache and this persists for you, please let us know here so we can reach out via email to investigate further.

since most posters here didn't say they have done all these steps, Walter says IF and if the problem still persists for you, then contact him

I do believe it's a big problem.  apparently, it's a complicated one.  The way Dropbox works well is using the Dropbox Client.  when using interface which uses browsers, obviously makes it comlicated.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

transce
Explorer | Level 4

Here we are, four years later, and this ridiculous bug has still not been fixed.  I guess it's time to move to another hosting service.  Dropbox clearly doesn't care about the user experience if they could let a glaring, workflow-destroying bug persist this long despite numerous reports.

JustAUsername
Helpful | Level 6

This nonsense reply again. It's clear that this is NOT a browser issue but a technical issue at your end. Stop blaiming your customers and/or browsers and take some responsibility.

When will this be fixed?

MLF1
New member | Level 2

Using the Windows 10 / Firefox / Dropbox Web page version, my upload of a 687MB file kept getting stuck at 1 second. I downloaded the Windows 10 Dropbox app, and then the upload completed with no problem.

Chris_J
Super User
Thanks for your reply that’s what I’ve been stressing here use the client and that would work well sure Dropbox has a web interface but with large files and amount of files it appears to be problematic

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

sue10
New member | Level 2

I'm having this problem also.

Looking forward to seeing how they will/won't fix it

Auspician
Helpful | Level 5

"I downloaded the Windows 10 Dropbox app, and then the upload completed with no problem."

Ah, of course. The old, "provide a crappy product/service then offer an app or mobile solution that magically works, making your life easier, your dreams come true and generally enhances your experience to no end" routine. I love a classic.

Chris_J
Super User

Actually its the other way around, dropbox created the app/Client before creating the web interface (browser).  They perfected the app and it was the first in its kind to sync files automatically to the cloud.  The app is the recommended way to experience Dropbox features.  Yes, its apparently they have issues with the browser (web interface) uploading files.  This is why I personally don't use the browser, I used the app

Need more support?