cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Help us get a better understanding of what this Community means to you by taking our quick survey over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: Upload has been stuck saying "1 sec left" for hours

Auspician
Helpful | Level 5

"Actually its the other way around, dropbox created the app/Client before creating the web interface (browser). They perfected the app and it was the first in its kind to sync files automatically to the cloud. The app is the recommended way to experience Dropbox features. Yes, its apparently they have issues with the browser (web interface) uploading files. This is why I personally don't use the browser, I used the app"

I stand corrected. Much obliged.

JonTheo
New member | Level 2

"Use the app" is not an option in my case as I am trying to transfer large files on and off of a server which cannot have such an app installed (but does have huge bandwidth, btw). DB is a great tool for this purpose, colleagues from all over the world find data and put in on our corporate DB filesystem, and I process the files and return the processed files to a place they're expecting them.

Except I don't, because 1/2 the file transfers I attempt just sit there at 1%. So, you know what I do now? I use Google Drive, which allows me to upload large files to the cloud with, so far, a 0% failure rate. Then I transfer them from Drive to the corp. DB FS using my own PC. Which is a drag. Now, my recommendation to my colleagues is that we switch to using Google Drive as a cloud storage solution, as this is seems to do the same job, but reliably. Which indicates that it can be done... but presumably DB want to prioritise the app, rather than fix this. Well, fine, but it will probs lead to less market share.

If you are going to have a flaky web front-end, and not do anything about it, best thing from a UX stance is to be brave and up-front, and flag this issue up on upload the page, with your workaround, so that new users like I was recently don't waste their time and just use the workaround (not waiting too long and trying it again, apparently). That would actually get you more respect, or less bad rep, than this train-crash of a thread!

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for your feedback.. you said it plainly.  Even tho I don't use the web interface, I am saddened that they don't fix this issue.  I'm just a user, not getting paid to be of help here in the community. I just volunteer my time.  Thanks for sharing your experience and the workflow you have. 

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

User 1557539
Helpful | Level 6

Today is 9/21/2022.

Yesterday my attempts to upload files got stuck at 1 second several times.

Unless DropBox permanently solves this issue by 10/21/2022 I will be taking my business elsewhere and encourage any other users to consider the same.

My experience is that  DB customer service on this issue is not doing anything to fix this bug.

I cannot afford to use a software service that does not perform at the level I expect.

huyness
Collaborator | Level 9

unfortunately this problem does not occur often for Dropbox to care.  once every 3-4 months someone from their company will drop by this thread and pretend to care but since this thread is several years old, i don't think Dropbox will do anything by your deadline.

User 1557539
Helpful | Level 6

Fortunately there is a solution in sight. On October 21, 2022 I will exercise my choice and will no longer be harmed by continuing to use, in my opinion, faulty DropBox software that the company refuses to fix.

cassbob
New member | Level 2

This problem no longer appears for me, thanks.

MIDIhead
New member | Level 2

The only thing that works for me when uploading via the browser is to change the name of the file and try again. In my experience, I've found this issue to occur when I'm replacing a file that has the same name as one that I'm either replacing, or have deleted.

I hope this works for everyone who is experiencing this issue!

Re: Upload stuck at "1 second left"

JustAUsername
Helpful | Level 6

So they made a new uploader on the web-version, and now it says "Finalizing..." instead of "1 second left"

Been here trying to upload a 600mb rar file for an hour, and still the same bs.

Thanks for that useless solution dropbox developers.
I hope you get a raise for your hard work, your families must be so proud of you for your achievements.

I give it 1 month from today and then I switch from this useless nonsense to Google Drive.

Re: Upload stuck at "1 second left"

User 1557539
Helpful | Level 6

The term "finalizing" fits perfectly in the context of my own planned permanent migration away from any use of DropBox. I have given DropBox till 21 October, 2022 to satisfactorily resolve this substantial and fundamental flaw in their software. Until then I am reviewing and considering other cloud storage/sharing repositories.

Consumers and users of DropBox are encouraged to consider the risk exposure of the known and thus far unmitigated flaws in the file server software package discussed at length and with great detail in this forum illustrating the self-evident pattern of practice exhibited by DropBox.

Need more support?