cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Uploading files from client and moving them on the website

Uploading files from client and moving them on the website

miniman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi,

I have a small form factor PC on all the time, that is used solely for uploading / downloading stuff.

I planned on installing Dropbox client and setting it to sync only with a "transfer" folder.  I was going to move all my files there so the client will upload them, and then once there, use the Dropbox webclient to move to the necessary directories.

Will this be a method I can use consistently? I am mindful of the fact the client is more reliable for uploading large files compared to the web browser.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@miniman wrote:

I planned on installing Dropbox client and setting it to sync only with a "transfer" folder.  I was going to move all my files there so the client will upload them, and then once there, use the Dropbox webclient to move to the necessary directories.

Yes, that will work just fine. Use Selective Sync to remove all but the Transfer folder, and that's the only folder that will sync on that computer. When you use the website to move items out of that folder, they'll be removed from the computer as well.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@miniman wrote:

Yes, that will work just fine. Use Selective Sync to remove all but the Transfer folder, and that's the only folder that will sync on that computer. When you use the website to move items out of that folder, they'll be removed from the computer as well.

miniman
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @Rich that's great news!

Need more support?