Hey @nebo487 - thanks for letting us know about this.
In regards to the issue you are seeing now, kindly note that Dropbox waits for your phone to have a good Wi-Fi or data connection to begin uploading your photos. If you’re still seeing a “Waiting to upload” error, try these steps to solve the problem:
- Keep the Dropbox app open for a few minutes. If the message goes away on its own, then your photos should upload.
- Change the way you upload:
- Try uploading with only Wi-Fi enabled
- Try uploading with both Wi-Fi and cellular data enabled
- Upload using a different Wi-Fi network.
If the message doesn’t go away after trying these steps, then log a ticket with our team to have this reviewed with all of our tools available.
In the meantime, I am including all the relevant information about this issue I could gather from other users that have reported such problems in the past. I also moved your post to the relevant thread to keep things neat and maintain all the info related to this case in one place - for easy future references.
From what has already been discussed in this thread, the issue you are seeing may be due to a feature on newer Samsung OS versions called App Optimization. It is designed to freeze applications that are deemed to be untouched by the user and may interfere with some background services. You may find this setting following these steps:
- Go to your system (not Dropbox's!) settings ( most likely a gear icon on the notification shade)
- Tap on "Battery" (found under System category) for Android 7.0/ "Apps & Notifications" on Android 8.0
- Find "App optimization" section and tap on detail on Android 7.0/ "App Info" on Android 8.0
- Find Dropbox in the list and tap on it - same for all OS.
- Change the option to "Disabled for" / Tap on "Battery" , then "Battery Optimization" (if needed) and then "Background Activity". Toggle it off and on again.
Furthermore, if for any reason you accidentally set your mobile app to "Always Sleeping App" you should disable it. Here is how to check:
1. Go to Settings
2. Device Maintenance
4. Always Sleeping Apps.
Should our mobile app show up there then press and hold to delete from the list.
I hope this helps and please let me know how this goes. Thanks!