cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ventura Cloud Storage and Citrix Uploads

Ventura Cloud Storage and Citrix Uploads

Matt McGahey
New member | Level 2

The new dropbox file location in cloud storage, as required by Ventura, has rendered uploading any files to my apps in Citrix impossible. For business I need to be able to upload a file from dropbox into the Citrix App for business purposes. Any plans for compatibility in the future, or current workarounds? 

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Matt McGahey, thanks for posting here today! 

Do you think you can share some additional info with me, about this? 

Give me some details as to how you're trying to upload content from Dropbox to Citric, and what happens when you try to do this; or if you see any specific errors. That'd help me get the full visual on this. 

If you have any screenshots to attach, they're more than welcome.

Keep me posted!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Matt McGahey
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan,

Thank you. I use Citrix to access a work application called client access. So Citrix allows me on my Mac to get into this business app run with Microsoft software. Prior to Ventura I could be using the tool, click upload to find a file that includes trades needing to be made, and I could upload the file from dropbox as it was located on the H-drive. 

Now when I click upload file I can't pull over any files from dropbox regardless if online only, offline, or both status. I've included two screenshots below of the process and the problem of inaccessible files. 

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 9.48.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 9.56.21 AM.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Matt McGahey, thanks for the clarifications! 

I do believe that this is mainly a Citrix situation on how they handle the files on their end. Have you checked in with them, in order to get some more info, or next steps? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Matt McGahey
New member | Level 2

Thanks Megan. I haven't tried them yet though I'll reach out now that you mention it. This process worked before Ventura's dropbox update forcing the location to cloud storage, but I'll check in with them for a possible solution. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Matt McGahey New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?