cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Waiting to upload

Why do I keep seeing a 'Waiting to upload' message when trying to upload files to Dropbox?

stephengrace
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

All day i have been trying to upload photos, however there is no upload activity. All i keep seeing on the photos i want to upload is "Waiting to upload". I have tried to upload the photos through my wifi and mobile data but wouldnt work. I have tried to upload different photos but wont work. I am using my iphone to download to dropbox and have turned my phone off/on but wont work. I have deleted my app and downloaded it again but it wont work. I have signed out/in again but wont work.

Can someone please tell me how to make it work!!!!

24 Replies 24

lolabarri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

@walter 

Having this same issue. I've tried all the steps mentioned in the thread.  Vidoes will upload but pictures just sit there doing nothing.  Definitely very frustrating.  Been using dropbox for years and have never had this problem before. It's been like this for 2 days now. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Haruspex & @lolabarri - thanks for your reports. 

Could you confirm with me that you're running the most updated version of your mobile's OS and our app's most recent build (found within your mobile's app store)? 

Also, does it happen when on wifi or cellular data or maybe both? 

Any additional information you think might help our investigation is more than welcome! 

Thank you and happy Monday! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

lolabarri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Yup, everything is updated. Cache is cleared. Logged out and and in. Even deleted and re uploaded app. Turned phone on and off. Have tried WiFi and data. Still won’t upload photos, they just sit there. Video will upload though.

Kay19
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi! I am experiencing the same problem at the moment (since yesterday). I have tried clearing my cache, signing out of dropbox, and restarting my iphone, again and again. I have good internet connection at home. Still, not working. I am unable to upload my photos now. Please help.

Haruspex
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Except reinstalling the app I tried everything as @lolabarri .

Maybe something with the heic-jpeg conversion? The Photos app does it automatically in the background.

ED2020
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Issue just started for me on 1/21/2020. Tried clearing cache, logging out, back in, ensured version is current, iOS is up to date, deleted app, logged in again, tried two different wifi connections as well as cellular and even renamed file. Issue appears to be when I open Dropbox and attempt to upload photo from app - it will never upload (“Waiting to Upload.”) However, when I go to iPhone and select photo, and option to upload to Dropbox - it works. Upload from app appears to be broken, for me.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi All!

I wanted to give you an update on this and let you know that the team is aware and we're actively looking into this.

It might take a while until the fix is pushed server-side so you may expect to see it in the next version of the app. 

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you all for your reports. It's you after all who's making Dropbox better day by day! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

test1234567
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
please fix this, it's making my paid plan worthless. thanks.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @test1234567; are you still having issues with this?

If so, what version of our mobile app are you running on your device? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

amzk
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Same problem.. two days with a simple video stuck in “waiting to upload.” I have tried all troubleshooting and I have one of the more expensive monthly plans that I am now starting to look for alternatives to because uploading to Dropbox should not be this hard. I have never had trouble doing this before or had to troubleshoot doing one of db’s main functions. Very very unhappy.
Need more support?