cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why does the Uppercase Letters of my file name change to Lowercase

Why does the Uppercase Letters of my file name change to Lowercase

John G.6
New member | Level 1

I have a file name "Northern California" that is shared to various people. It was automatically changed to "northern california" Why did the capital "N" and capital "C" change to lower case?

14 Replies 14

jadecomputers
New member | Level 2

My problem is that when I signed the report, it changes the file name to lower case when DB syncs to the server. All the guys sharing the files will get the lower case file name but my file name stays on the upper case.

Apparently, DB has to be paused before signing the report so that when it syncs again it won't change it to lower case. When I did that, DB did not change the upper case to lower case anymore.

UNC M.
New member | Level 2

You all solved my issue. I was downloading two Filemaker Go databases from the Dropbox IOS app and the file names were changed to lower case.  This broke the external links and they no longer recognized each other. I was also unable to do an import onto a server database from the iPad. Deleted the files and downloaded from the web interface. Caps stayed.  Files worked. 

Thanks

xadder
New member | Level 2

And now it is 2017 (almost 2018) and I hit a similar issue. A full folder I was working on home with a notebook didn't show up from my office PC which automounts Dropbox as a filesystem!  Using the web interface I see that yesterday's directory was given a lower-case name, but my mounted Dropbox file system just sees the upper-case directry of 2 days ago! Really frustrating!

I am running Xubuntu (17.10) on both notebook and office PC.

benfsmith
Explorer | Level 4

Any news on this? Always happens to me on iOS, especially when accessing via Files or MS office

xadder
New member | Level 2

No, no news I'm afraid. I just stopped using Dropbox so much, since this problem can crop up so unexpectedly. And I am just using Xubuntu systems, so no danger of MS messing with cases, except at the DB end I suppose.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?