cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows desktop app v161.4.4923 doesn't show upcoming files in the Sync tab

Windows desktop app v161.4.4923 doesn't show upcoming files in the Sync tab

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

similar to https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Apps-and-Installations/Windows-desktop-app-160-3-4611-doesn-t-show-u... 

The sync tab used to show upcoming files in the sync queue as well as files already synced. I used to be able to select an upcoming file in the queue and force it to sync next.  per https://help.dropbox.com/sync/prioritize-files-sync 

In this version, I only see files that have already been synced. Nothing shows in the app until after sync, so I can't prioritize an upcoming file.

Anyone know how to restore the view of upcoming files in the sync queue? (without having to downgrade to an old version)

separately but just in case it's related and i'm looking for a solution for this too anyway, the task bar tray desktop icon, when opened, the right hand side portion of the dropbox popup is cut off by the edge of the screen and i can't see the time left to complete syncing, notification bell, my profile icon, etc. How do I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The problem with the syncing queue not displaying was resolved when I updated my dropbox desktop app to build v162.4.5419, which became available within the last couple of days.

I wonder if everyone with build 161.4.4923 was experiencing the same problem I was.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

disregard the second question about the taskbar tray popup getting cut off on the right side, i resolved this by exiting the dropbox desktop app and reopening it. 

I'm still needing a resolution on my first question about the sync queue not displaying.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting this on the Community, @milomarvin!

Can you let me know what’s the current syncing status of your Dropbox app? If you happen to sync any files at the moment, and they’re still not showing under your “Sync history” tab, I’d like you to send me a screenshot of what you see on your end.

Keep me updated, and we'll have a look.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

the current syncing status is that i'm syncing two files as an example for the screenshot. the two syncing files are not showing up in the sync history tab while they are syncing. 

milomarvin_0-1669653455071.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @milomarvin, does this happen with all the files you choose to sync?

Also, what happens when you try to click on the downwards arrow next to the number of files? Do you see any details there?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

yes, this happens with all files that I choose to sync.

when i click on the downwards arrow next to the number of files currently syncing, i get the pausing options only.

milomarvin_0-1669678568565.png

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @milomarvin, sorry to jump in, but could you clarify if syncing is stuck or if it's progressing normally? 

Can you try this with a new test file and let us know if you notice any difference?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The syncing is progressing normally. I've tested with a new test file and the file was successfully synced.

There was no difference in regards to the problem i'm having however - the file/s don't show up in the sync history list while syncing.

milomarvin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The problem with the syncing queue not displaying was resolved when I updated my dropbox desktop app to build v162.4.5419, which became available within the last couple of days.

I wonder if everyone with build 161.4.4923 was experiencing the same problem I was.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Oh, that's great to hear and thanks for letting us know!

If you come across any other issues, make sure to give us a shout.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?