cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: get a list of photos/videos that could not be imported (and why)

get a list of photos/videos that could not be imported (and why)

g v.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Hi, 

Camera Uploads from an iphone (13 mini) works fine for most images and videos (.heic, .jpg, .png from phone screen shots or .mov) if I either connect the phone via usb to a mac (m1 pro monterey) or open the dropbox app on the iphone and tap photos. However, I rather often get a message that anything between 2-15 images or videos out of 50-200 could not be imported. Before I can erase them from the phone, I'd need to know which ones those are. A list would be great. A reason why they failed would also be helpful. 

I like the camera upload because it changes the filename to creation date and time. Modifying the file name to not contain dots would be perfect, but that's off topic. 

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @g v., are you referring to a change in the iOS Dropbox mobile app?

Could you attach a screenshot showing this prompt you mentioned to review the images?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

g v.
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I didnt make one. it happens only once in a while. it said "one image/video could not be imported - click here to review". upon click a list of image file names appeared with either a check or a yellow triangle with ! inside. clicked on that, got the option to try again, said yes, try again, and it was fine. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, this should help other users who have similar questions in the future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?