cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 uploading duplicates

iOS 11 uploading duplicates

Thijxx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

After uograding to iOS11 all photos are being uploaded again. Since Dropbox uploads and stores duplicates ‘by (lack of proper) design’ this is a problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey  , I appreciate your swift follow-up! 

I've located your support request on our system and I can see or colleague has replied to you there as of yesterday regarding yteh issue you've experienced asking more information & they're awaiting your reply, so that you proceed to resolution together. 

At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if can't find this email, so that I make sure to send that again? 

Hope this gets resolved soon & I wish you a lovely rest of the day ahead!

[This thread is now closed by moderators, as this has now been solved. If you'have a similar question, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Thijxx

Thanks for posting your query on the Dropbox Community regarding this matter, let's look into that together! 

To better determine the case, could you check if the file sizes for the original and duplicate file match? Here’s how you can compare the sizes:

- In the Dropbox app, open the original image
- Tap the ellipsis button and select "more details..."
- Note the full file size in bytes

Are the filesizes in both pictures the same? 

Once you get back to me, I'd be glad to look into that with you

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Thijxx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. I cant find the More Details in the iOS nor in the web app. I did find file size in both but they are rounded numbers so while they match, they may not 'exactly' match. 

I've emailed them via the iOS app and then locally compared them, it is the exact same file size.

LeandroSouza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After my iphone7 has been updated with IOS 11 (ipad has the same effect as well), my photos are set more than once. In some cases, I have 3 or 4 copies of the same photo file in the folder Camera Uploads.

I don't know why, by configurations are the same I use for 3 or 4 years.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Dropbox seems to be uploading not only the Camera Roll, but the Photo Stream as well. I disabled Photo Stream and my duplicates stopped. Still waiting to hear back from Dropbox on that.

sweetharsh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have an iphone 7 and when I connect to dropbox, it's uploading my photos multiple times. I now have 5 and 6 copies of MANY photos.

Any help is appreciated.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Refer to my reply above (I merged your thread into an existing one).

I would also suggest everyone open a ticket with Support if you're experiencing this issue.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus and Professional users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

2020james
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I found another thread from early Oct where Dropbox replied but have since gone radio silent

I'm getting multiple duplicates uploaded as well

Old thread - https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/iOS-11-uploading-duplicates/m-p/243198

mikeblackisle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Me too. Is this the fault of Apple or Dropbox?

Thijxx
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

You pay Dropbox for the service so it is their 'fault'. Things changed on the Apple side if I'm not mistaken so the problem really is the communication between Dropbox and Apple.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    amw92 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?