cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: missing files in shared folders on my computer

missing files in shared folders on my computer

jerem85
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everybody,

I recently shared a folder with 1 file and 2 sub folders with 1 file each. I can read all files in dropbox.com, but I can only read the first step file in the dropbox app above windows computer. That's mean that I cannot read the 2 sub folders files. Can you give me an hand?

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II

Hi @jerem85 

Is Dropbox running on the machine? If so what happens if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jerem85
Explorer | Level 3

I Mark, 

Of course, Dropbox is running on the computer. I can see the files which is not on a folder with no problem, but I can't see others files which are placed in sub folders.... Maybe the problem is from the antivirus? Or the files permissions?

Mark
Super User II

You've not answered the questions though @jerem85 - we cannot help if you dont do that. 

Dropbox could actually not be running as the folders would still be on your device even if it wasnt. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Voelmo03
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @all,

I really hope you can help me out, since this Chatboot is good for nothing 🙂

I have rarely used my Dropbox over the past few months, but had many important documents (and also many not so important ones, but it would be a real hassle to collect them again) stored on it. Some days ago I thought I want to use Dropbox more frequently and realized that 99% of the documents are gone. They are also not shown in the deleted section - what could possibly has happened here?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Moritz

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Voelmo03 

Oh dear 😞

Dropbox can only replicate what it is told to do, so, somewhere something has deleted these. 

What does www.dropbox.com/events show?

rustymountain
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Just tried to login. Got message saying I needed to change my password. I did and logged in.  All my files are gone

Mark
Super User II

Again though, what does www.dropbox.com/events show? 

We cannot help if you dont answer the questions 😞

rustymountain
New member | Level 2

Events says "You have no activity yet"

Voelmo03
Explorer | Level 3
Hi guys, thanks so much for the answers. The events show that I have uploaded all these documents and that they have been deleted. I have never deleted, only signed in maybe four times in the last six months. Really don’t know what happened here!?
Need more support?