cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All folders/files missing from a certain synced folder since 2019

All folders/files missing from a certain synced folder since 2019

eengert
Explorer | Level 3

I have a folder synced to my basic dropbox account.  Within that folder I have many files organized in subfolders named by year.  As of last week, all was fine.  Suddenly today I noticed that all of my folders since 2019 are gone.  They aren't on my Macbook or on my dropbox account online.  Nothing is showing in Delete Files, nor are there any events listed since many months ago.  Rewind doesn't show any available dates to try rewinding to.  I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

There isnt anything on www.dropbox.com/events ? In general or for that folder? 

What does www.dropbox.com/account/plan show?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

eengert
Explorer | Level 3

When I look at the Events page filtered for "All Events" I see 1 file that was added then deleted on 12/1/22.  That's it.  Nothing related to these missing folders/files.

My plan is/was just the Basic plan.  Today I started a 30-day trial for the 3TB plan so that I could email support about this.

Mark
Super User II

If there isnt anything on Events nothing has happened to that folder - at least via Dropbox. As its over 30 days there isnt a recovery I'm afraid. 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    eengert Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?