cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Help us get a better understanding of what this Community means to you by taking our quick survey over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Reply and help

All my desktop files have been deleted

All my desktop files have been deleted

Evan Renaudie
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, 

I download Drop Box and all my computer disapere like my folder download, Desktop, app.... I don't have my computer I just have drop box. 
My desktop is in the bin of the drop box. I don't know how to do, and were to put my files. 

If anyone have an Idea, thanks have a nice day

3 Replies 3

Re: All my desktop files have been deleted

Rich
Super User II
@Evan Renaudie  wrote:

I download Drop Box and all my computer disapere like my folder download, Desktop, app.... I don't have my computer I just have drop box.

You activated the backup feature, which MOVES your key folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc.) into your Dropbox folder. They're still on your computer, just moved into the Dropbox folder so Dropbox can sync them to your account.

Evan Renaudie
Explorer | Level 3
Ok, and how I delete drop box I don’t want it. I just to find my computer back.

Thanks have a nice day

Mark
Super User II

You need to turn BackUp off first (see @Rich's link) and then uninstall.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Evan Renaudie Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?