cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We recently received a question asking for advice on how to set up a Dropbox account for an elderly family member. This prompted us to think about the different ways we can make Dropbox more accessible in general, learn about it and add your tips right over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

All my files are gone. Can I restore them somehow?

All my files are gone. Can I restore them somehow?

Sariva6
Explorer | Level 4

I received a notice that someone had signed into my account and it wasn't me.  I immediately changed the PW and enabled 2-factor authentication, but within 3 minutes, ALL MY FILES WERE GONE!  It's the weekend and dropbox isn't providing service.  Can anyone help?  Literally every file is gone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ALL FILES GONE

VlKa
Helpful | Level 5

Sariva6,

Try connecting to your cloud drobox and using the dots to view all deleted files. In the standard version, the files remain in the cloud for 30 days. Use the RESTORE command to try to restore them. Good luck Vlastimil

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

VlKa
Helpful | Level 5

Sariva6,

Try connecting to your cloud drobox and using the dots to view all deleted files. In the standard version, the files remain in the cloud for 30 days. Use the RESTORE command to try to restore them. Good luck Vlastimil

Sariva6
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you.  I was able to restore all my files.  It was a bit time consuming, but crisis averted.  

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sariva6 Explorer | Level 4
    VlKa Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?