cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

All my photos disappeared

Re: my photos disappeared

Isabel30
Explorer | Level 3
I cant access to this link, it apppears that I deleted on april 27, Im free users.

help

Isabel30
Explorer | Level 3

I am disappointed with Dropbox because my photos are missing and they have not provided me with any help in recovering them. I even paid for a pro plan and with this I couldn't solve anything.

Re: help

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Isabel30 

Paying for a Pro plan does not work retroactively - so the benefits of being paid only work from the day you paid. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: All my photos disappeared

ramyaabg
New member | Level 2
Hi I am ramya..
I was having dropbox account in my Samsung s3 I9300 in 2014 after dat I did not used the same phone.. and now the problem is in that mobile phone dropbox is not working and I can't see my camera uploads it is showing thumbnail failed to load.. I need those photos back please help me..

Re: All my photos disappeared

Nancy
Dropboxer

Hi @ramyaabg, thanks for posting here!

From what I understand, you’re missing pictures from your Dropbox account, correct? 

As a first step, can you go here and here and let me know if you can see your missing files?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Lost pictures

Capriel11
New member | Level 2
My phone unfortunately stopped working I had to get a knew one I downloaded the Dropbox app again and no longer have my pictures. How can I get them back?

Re: Lost pictures

Rich
Super User II

@Capriel11 wrote:
My phone unfortunately stopped working I had to get a knew one I downloaded the Dropbox app again and no longer have my pictures. How can I get them back?

Are you sure you're signing it to Dropbox with the correct email address? If so, have you signed in to the Dropbox website to see if the files appear in your account? Anything in your account would still be accessible when you changed phones. No files would be lost in that process. Also, once you're signed in on the website, check your Events page for any account activity. If it's blank, you're likely signed in to a different account.

If, however, your photos hadn't uploaded from your old phone into your Dropbox account, then they wouldn't be accessible on the new phone or in your account. You'd have to retrieve them from the old phone.

Capriel11
New member | Level 2

Hello the event page is blank but how is that so is it possible to have more than one account with the same email I made this dropbox account in 2014 im missing years of memories that I need most right now. I truly need to figure out how to find them I keep seeing people talk about changing their setting to an older version could this maybe help?

Rich
Super User II

@Capriel11 wrote:

Hello the event page is blank but how is that so is it possible to have more than one account with the same email ...

If your event page is blank then you're either signed in to a different/new account, or nothing has ever been uploaded to the account. It's not possible to have more than one Dropbox account under the same email address.

I made this dropbox account in 2014 im missing years of memories ...

When did you last sign in to the account? Have you been using it recently or has it been a while since you signed in?

I keep seeing people talk about changing their setting to an older version could this maybe help?

No, not likely. A change in the Dropbox version doesn't make files disappear.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Capriel11 New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?