cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android App: Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later.

Android App: Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later.

TanjaArtist
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to resolve this? When I try to open the "File" tab on my android phone it says: "Cannot Connect To Dropbox. Make sure you're online, or try again later." yet when I click on home, it shows all my latest files. I just can't get to my folders and it is driving me bonkers! I cannot upload to them either. Same problem on my tablet. I use Dropbox for work and this is causing serious problems.

I tried logging out and back in, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, checked for updates. I have full internet. What else can I do? If this doesn't get resolved quickly I'll have to switch to the dreadded OneDrive 😕

Hope someone can help!

Thank you

Tanja

ScreenshotScreenshot

21 Replies 21

Stevepar1960
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Interesting. I joined the Beta program. Problem solved. Bizarre

ciara
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

same issue.. s10 . latest android, and updates for dropbox.  i use dropbox for emerg back up of docs in case i loose them (passport, reservations, etc).. its unreliable if this crap happens.. so today i moved all my folders to one drive.  I dont want to be a beta tester

add this to the fact that 50% of the time it refuses to sync camera uploads (sometimes ignoring them for days unless i take a new pic on the same network). the fact that i'm now reduced to 3 devices unless i buy a subscription.. its becoming less and less my go-to app for cross platform file sharing. 

thanks

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ciara Helpful | Level 6
    Stevepar1960 New member | Level 2
    Dodgertown1 New member | Level 2
    T3chcrazy New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?