cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Screen Sharing Link

Blank Screen Sharing Link

chtyehimbawm
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey everyone!

Having troubling sharing link with someone (Anyone with a link). Whenever someone clicks the link, the page appear blank white. The link won't load at all, just a white screen. I've deleted the link and recreated it. Still won't show up. Also, not just this specific link. It's all of the links.

Any tips?

33 Replies 33

wedoaesthetic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

I am hearing from several customers that upon clicking on a shared link containing multiple files, they are landing on a blank page with no options (not loading, just blank after loading). Upon checking myself, I see that this issue is indeed existing across several of my products / shared links. I've used 185gb out of 3TB with a "Professional" plan.

Please help. 

IMG_1661.PNG

wedoaesthetic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

same issues here

donnamaeb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Dropbox support on Twitter says they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix.

Tony78
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Does anyone know why my Dropbox folder links seem to have stopped working today? They now just go to a blank screen, which is very frustrating because they were working when I tested them yesterday and are linked-to in some important business pitches I've sent out. 

Because my problem was originally identified in Chrome -- regardless of whether I'm logged in or logged out of my Dropbox account -- I've tried pasting the links in Safari, but that still just goes to a blank screen. I also sent four links to a work colleague to try on his computer, but he had the same experience. Both of us are working on Macs.

I have a Dropbox Basic account, which I've been using for several years without this issue. I just checked and I'm using less than half of the 2GB of storage, so it's not like I've gone over the storage limit. It's like my whole account has somehow become corrupted today, not sure if that's temporary or permanent. I don't want to change the links I've already sent out; I just want them to start working again. 

alkis
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hallo,

I still have problem  with editing Microsft Office files. Please, help !!!!

problem.png

donnamaeb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mine are working now. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all, I hope you're doing well! 

It seems that we had a momentary issue in regards to our shared links. Thankfully our engineers managed to tackle it and resolve it as soon as possible. 

Apologies for any disruption on your workflow. If you also check the status page, you'll see that everything seems to be back to normal for now. Can you also check on your end, and let me know? 

Very thankful that you all brought this to our attention. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Estudio Preto e Branco
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks Megan. everything seems to be working perfectly now!

rockyjost
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We seem to be having this issue again. Started out with content not showing, but now a full blank screen. Shortening the URL seems to resolve it, but any time a link is clicked from a comment notification, only a blank screen will appear.

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @rockyjost, how are you today? 

Have you tried accessing the link, using a different browser, by any chance? What about incognito mode on your current browser? 

Let me know of the results! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    NewCloverleaf New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    woody5190 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?