cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bulk deletion of pictures

Bulk deletion of pictures

robertgoodyear
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I delete many pictures in a folder.  I use them in Camera uploads then move them to a holding file for 60 days then delete.  I used to be able to bulk delete, but now must do it one at a time.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@robertgoodyear wrote:

Previously I could click on the first file, hold the shift key down and select the last file and all in between would be selected.

That should still work. It does for me. If it's not working for you, clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@robertgoodyear wrote:

How do I delete many pictures in a folder. ... I used to be able to bulk delete, but now must do it one at a time.

Is this on the Dropbox website? If so, you can bulk-delete files by selecting each file you wish to delete by checking the box to the left of the file, then clicking Delete from the menu at the top of the page.

If that's not what you're doing, how are you trying to delete the files?

robertgoodyear
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Understood.  Previously I could click on the first file, hold the shift key down and select the last file and all in between would be selected.  I take many pictures and want to delete +250 pictures.  Do I now have to select each one?

Thanks for your help!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@robertgoodyear wrote:

Previously I could click on the first file, hold the shift key down and select the last file and all in between would be selected.

That should still work. It does for me. If it's not working for you, clear your browser's cache/browsing history and try again, or try another browser.

Need more support?