cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restore folders that have been deleted, after 30 days?

Can I restore folders that have been deleted, after 30 days?

Tarek ElHewala
Helpful | Level 5

Can I restore folders deleted after 30 days? My account is still active

8 Replies 8

maher1982
Super User

Hala Tareq,

It depends on your Dropbox plan. Dropbox keeps deleted files and folders for up to 30 days for Basic, Plus, and Family accounts, and up to 180 days for Professional and Business accounts

Tarek ElHewala
Helpful | Level 5
Thank you for your help
I am on family plan
The desktop app was deleted with the folders as a trail to clearing a space in the hard disk
Unfortunately I found that all my file were also deleted from Dropbox.com and this was on 16/04/2024 (more than 30 days)
Is there any way I can restore them back

maher1982
Super User

Sorry to hear that, If you don't have any backup copies on your Dropbox account or other devices, I suggest contacting Dropbox support and explaining your situation. They may still be able to assist you in recovering your files.

Tarek ElHewala
Helpful | Level 5
Thank you again
I already send them an email. Wish me luck

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Tarek ElHewala 

If you did not have a plan with extended recovery at the time of deletion it isnt possible to recover, at all, via Dropbox. Support cannot even do this I'm afraid. So, if you deleted and were already on the Family Plan you can recover. If you bought that the day after deletion, for example, you cannot.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Tarek ElHewala
Helpful | Level 5
Dear Mark
I am on the family plan already and the membership is active
The deleted files are from 16/04/2024 from more than 30 days
Do you have any method to restore them
Many Tbanks

Rich
Super User II

@Tarek ElHewala wrote:
I am on the family plan already and the membership is active
The deleted files are from 16/04/2024 from more than 30 days

The recovery period for the Family plan is 30 days, so if you're unable to recover them from Deleted Files, it wouldn't be possible to recover them.

You can try contacting Support to see if there's anything they can do, but it's unlikely that they'll be able to.

Tarek ElHewala
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks for your help
I already send them an email to see what they can do
Wish me luck
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Tarek ElHewala Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?