cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find my Vault in Windows 11.

Can't find my Vault in Windows 11.

Scouser01
Explorer | Level 3

I have a file in vault I need to modify. It looks like I can't edit it where it sits in the vault, so I tried to open it in my PC. I can find it on my Samsung Tab, but I have no word processor there. How do I find it please?- or how do I modify it in place from my Tab 8?

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Scouser01, happy Monday to you! 

You mentioned that you can't locate your Vault when you access your desktop app. Can you clarify the app's syncing status, and version please?

If you access your selective sync settings, are you able to locate it there by any chance? 

In addition to modifying your content using your Tab 8, you'd need the relevant app in order to open, and edit the file there. Can you clarify the type of the file you're trying to open? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Scouser02
Explorer | Level 3

Bit tricky.I can't find out how to do the actions you've asked for. When I open the app it goes straight to file manager. Right clicking on the app gives me properties but I can't find version no. etc. Strangely enough, vault appeared briefly, and I managed to modify the file, but now it's disappeared again! Very frustrating.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Scouser02, it seems you might be looking at this   Dropbox icon which would open your file in the File Explorer. 

Could you locate this  little icon, on your task bar, next to your WiFi? You should be able to hover over it, in order to check the syncing status, and version.

And if you click on it, you should be able to follow the steps mentioned above, in order to access its preferences, and then the selective sync settings too. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Scouser02
Explorer | Level 3

Ive hovered over the little icon and it says "up to date" ver. 168.4.4802. When I click on it, a small box appears with the last 7 days and "everything is up to date". There's no option to select. Tried a screenshot, but file too big, and I don't know how to reduce it, sorry.

Did Connect, and that seems to have disappeared as well.

Once I'm used to it, I'm sure it will get easier, but at the moment, it's not an easy program to use.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Scouser02, I'm sorry to hear about that, but I see where you're coming from.

It can be a bit tricky in the beginning. As for the screenshot, do you think you can convert it online using a jpg converter, and then attach it here, just so I can have a visual of your Dropbox folder and what you see there? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Scouser02
Explorer | Level 3

Computers are so frustrating! I've been using my tablet to reply to you, but have gone to my PC to resize the file. The reply on the PC does NOT give me the option to send a file!!!!!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Scouser02, you'd need to be on level 3 on Community, in order to be able to post your screenshots. I can see that you're now on Level 3, so you should be able to attach them now using your computer.

Also, if you open your Dropbox folder, are you able to see your Vault available there, open it and work on the file? 

Keep in mind that as the Help Center mentions: "...your vault auto-locks again after 20 minutes on dropbox.com and after 3 minutes on mobile. While your vault is locked, the files in your vault won’t appear on your content suggestions, recents, updates, and notifications lists or in the search bar suggestions."

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Scouser02 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?